Hey there. See that rock over there? I've been hiding under it. It was a good rock. I felt secure and safe. Safe from all the attention one of my blogs received by being featured by SP. Silly isn't it? That success and accolades would drive one underground. But that's what happened. OVERWHELM!
But now I'm back! (insert dramatic music of your choice here).
I will be wearing a bollywood outfit this evening as I type this blog. Why? Because let's face it - Bollywood has some damn fine outfits! So I choose to (virtually) wear one. One something like this. Because I can. (Can you tell I haven't let my imagination out to play recently??) It's green! Gotta love it!
Now that I'm properly attired - onwards to my alluring blog title...
Sequence of events:
1. Blog got featured.
2. Blog got tons of wonderful comments.
3. I got overwhelmed.
4. I got mired in perfectionism (must thank all commenters, must write other "deep" blogs. How? I'm just not that deep!!! OMG - run away. RUN AWAY!!)
5. Hid under rock - waiting for "deep thoughts" to make presence known.
6. Filed nails.
7. Flipped through outdated magazines.
8. Nothing, nada. Absolutely NO deep thoughts.
9. Panic! Decided "intuitive eating" would be a good thing to do to make up for lack of deep thoughts.
10. Didn't go well. Apparently I have no intuition for eating.
11. Shame. Didn't weigh in one week for the first time in 7 mos.
12. Determined to track food again the next week. Did. Went to weigh. SHOCK - lost 7.5 lbs.
13. Was dubious but went with it. Entered it into SP's weight tracker. Dove icon leaped forward to just shy of 260 lbs (down from 324). YAY!
14. Nagging doubt at the veracity of the scale. I weigh on a scale designed for wheelchair access - did I accidentally lean on a support rail? Only time will tell.
15. Another Monday rolls around. Have been good with food, exercise, you-name-it.
16. BAM! Hit by a 2.7 lb gain! First reaction is a question - should I freak out? Wallow in the drama of it all? Throw in a little thrashing about for added umph? (and calorie burn?)
17. Entered weight on my WL spreadsheet (Yes - I am that nerdy. Actually - I am WAY more nerdy - but I leave that for another blog).
18. I added up my WL, divide by weeks. Lo and behold. My average WL per week is 2.1 lbs. That's pretty darn good.
19. Motivation for drama and thrashing averted.
20. Entered weight into SP - watched as my little dove icon backed up a wee bit. (who knew they could fly backwards??) Sighed contentedly.
All's good in the world.
And I don't have to have deep thoughts to post a blog. In fact, if this blog is any testament, I barely have to have a SANE thought.
Peace my Spark buddies. Don the garb of your imagination and have a wonderful evening.
DOWNTOWNJEN swishes out in a sea of lime green sari and sequins....