Don't Bid So Close to Me
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Right now I'm in Las Vegas and don't have a lot of extra time to write, so this post is going to be a little different than my others. In fact, I'm probably going to edit it with more info later, but I wanted to get a couple things jotted down here. My partner and I used to go to Vegas quite a bit, but this is actually the first time we have been here in about six years. It's a short work-related trip, but we are also here with friends. Anyway, I have quickly learned and/or remembered a few things:
1) I LOVE LAS VEGAS!!! I absolutely LOVE it!
2) A medium Fatburger and peanut butter shake contain 1,540 calories and are worth every single one of them!!! Granted, this should probably be on a once or twice yearly schedule.
3) If you wait long enough, most cravings will pass. I had ordered some sort of delicious-sounding smores ice cream sundae somewhere. Over 30 minutes later, we hadn't been served and my craving was gone. I canceled my order and probably saved myself well over 1,000 calories. In the past, I would have probably waited and ate it even though I was no longer craving it. So, very happy about this!
4) As much as I love Las Vegas, my skin does not. I'm chalking this up to the hotel detergent, but I'm sure the smoke and desert air could also have something to do with it.
5) You can get a LOT of walking in here. A lot! My feet actually hurt, which is rare for me these days.
6) A run around 5pm can literally give you a new lease on the day. After walking around the Consumer Electronics Show all day on Friday, I was pretty tired. In the past, I might have taken a nap. This time around, I ran for 4 miles in the hotel gym. I think this is the first time I've ever used a hotel gym. It completely woke me up! I showered and felt like a million bucks and lasted until 2:45am yesterday night! Woohoo!
7) It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game. Although, winning is a nice bonus!
8) Time in Vegas goes very, very fast.
- more to come, gotta run -