Article Reviews - Falling for Fitness Challenge
Saturday, October 27, 2012
The Top 6 Fitness Myths & Truths:
1. Spot training doesn't burn fat. You can't choose the area in which you lose fat - your body does that for you!
2. Women don't bulk up with weight lifting due to lower testosterone levels.
3. Any type of exercise is better than no exercise at all!
4. Ab exercises will build muscle, but you won't see great results until you you strip away the stomach fat.
5. Total calories burned are more important than percentage of calories burned.
6. Exercise should NOT be painful!
6 Rules Meant to Be Broken:
1. Use your entire body to train, not spot training. Use a combo of cardio, weight lifting, eating healthy, and low calories.
2. Work on a strong core with full body exercises.
3. Circuit train to make the most of your workout.
4. Choose weights that challenge you.
5. Round out workout with pilates or yoga.
6. If you feel "the pain"...stop!!!
3 Reasons Why You're Not Losing Weight:
1. Your numbers may be off - you need to burn more calories than you take in (3500 calories burned = 1 pound lost).
2. Maximize your fat loss and minimize muscle loss.
3. What and how much you eat matters.
5 Ways to Prevent Food From Going to Waste:
1. Create a plan and stick with it.
2. Look for new ways to use up your scraps.
3. Plan to preserve your food (canning, freezing).
4. Eat correct portion sizes.