Sunday, July 21, 2013
So, here we are, a little over halfway through BLC22. I have lost a little over 2 lbs. It is not as much as I would like, but at least it is down rather than up.
Summer vacation is kicking off in Japan, and although I still have to work every day, my schedule is much easier. No early mornings. No late nights. No riding the ferry through dinner time. So now is the perfect time for me to take a step back, regroup, and charge forward.
Things that are going well so far:
1. Exercise streak: I am still streaking!
2. Strength training: I have increased my strength training, thanks to TNT
3. HIIT: I have just started HIIT style workouts, and I really like them
4. Black coffee: I actually enjoy it. That is a good feeling.
5. Veggies and fruits: I have started getting veggies and fruits delivered, so I am eating more of them. Not quite hitting my 5 a day yet, but I am getting there.
But, as you can imagine since I have only lost 2 lbs, I am also struggling in some areas. OK, one. Food. Here are some of the challenges I have been dealing with.
The Head Says:
1. Hey. I am hungry NOW. All you have is some vinegar and soy sauce and frozen chicken. Let us get some chips and maybe ice cream!
2. Hey! You tracked your food all weekend! Good job! Let us go eat something!
3. Hey! Next week, you have to go to a seminar and you might have to go off plan, so let us just not bother between now and then.
4. HEY! GIVE ME COLD SWEETS NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOW! I CAN OUTLAST YOU, SO GIVE UP NOW!
5. Hey, I am lonely. How about going out for dinner.
SMART Plan for dealing with The Head (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time bound):
I think the main issue with The Head stems from not feeding myself real food at proper intervals. This week:
I will eat three healthy meals and possibly 1 or 2 snacks each day.
I will plan, prep, and shop as much as I can for the week on Monday.
I will record my food (even simple notations)
I will try to be more conscious of The Head by writing down not only emotional eating, but also any unhealthy eating thoughts.
That is it for now. Here's to a great rest of BLC22 and defeat of The Head!