On second thought
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
Man! Ever have one of those days where you didn't really eat anything too unhealthy but you have that nagging feeling that maybe-- just maybe-- you may have had just a tad too much?
Well, I did !
I was just about to go to the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal for a bedtime snack when I thought, "Maybe I should total up my calories today on Spark and see if I can 'afford' a bowl of cereal this evening." What an eye-opener ! ! Not only could I not add another 400 calories to my day, I had already gone over by like 500. Really. Truly. There is was in black and white.
So, I think I'll chew some gum instead.
On second thought.
I will also review my day and resolve not to repeat this lard fest by:
1. Use the kitchen scale for something besides a decoration on the counter. If I weigh out my portions before I eat, I won't be singing the blues after I eat and weigh myself on the bathroom scale.
2. I'll not skip days of Sparking in just because I'm busy doing everything for everyone that is so not as important as taking care of myself in real time.
3. Eating a piece of fruit or something a day really does keep the jitters and the munchies away.
4. Get off my behind and ride my bike every day even if it's just a little run around the block at lunch or after dinner.
5. Let the kids eat the junk food. They are skinny. They get a lot more exercise than I do and will burn off the calories and then some. Saving it from them just ends up with me eating more than my share and feeling like an ... well, you know.... and a fat one to boot !
6. Focus more on the things that I can control that make me feel good about myself rather than grind away at things I can't control that just leave me exhausted.
7. Start planing ahead what I'm going to eat rather than adding it up later. Think first instead of having second thoughts.