The Rest of 2014
Sunday, September 21, 2014
One of our challenges for this week in Camp WannaBeFit is to share our plan for the rest of 2014.
For the past year and a half, I've been fighting a battle with food, weight, and body image. Well, the battle started when I was a teen in ballet, but it really escalated last year. I've been working with a registered dietitian, and we use the book Intuitive Eating. My plan for the rest of this year is to work on some of the steps.
1. The first thing I will work on is getting in touch with my hunger and fullness signals. Right now, I know when I am overly hungry. But I have a much harder time distinguishing what gentle hunger feels like in my body. I will keep working on tracking my hunger and fullness signals in my food journal.
2. Another thing I will work on is eating purposefully. I will make sure that the food I eat is really worth the time, effort, and calories.
3. I am also working to build a daily exercise habit. When I lived in Wakkanai, Japan, I had a gym membership and the schedule was just built into my mind. With my new job starting next week, I will have to rebuild those habits (and without a gym membership). Depending on my schedule, I want to get in a walk before work.
4. I have to start making nutritious lunches every day to take to work. Yikes! There are no school lunches in my new job, so I have to pack lunch every day. It's one of my LEAST favorite chores.
5. The final thing I want to work on is taking at least a few minutes of quiet time each morning to start the day off calmly. I've done that a few mornings this week, and it has been helpful.
I'm excited about the rest of 2014!