Boston Musings and Catching Up
Friday, September 26, 2014
Things I learned from Boston:
1. A week away from logging calories worked for my plan, as long as I made sure I had 10,000 steps each day. That was tough on the days we were in the car all day!
2. Boson has hills. :)
3. God is good. He provided a church for us to go to when we had thrown up our hands in despair of finding something close to what we'd be comfortable with.
4. The locks of the old Erie Canal were much more narrow than the locks of current canals.
5. Driving in Boston is insane!!!
6. Parking a full-size van in Boston is even more insane!!!!
7. Changing into wedding clothes in a van parked in down-town Boston is the most insane of all!!!!! (Ha, Ha! What kind of crazy person would even think of that!?!?)
8. I'm very thankful for all my family. . . immediate and extended.
9. My daughters are shy of dancing in public.
10. My sons love dancing in public.
Now for the reentry. Here are the tasks to be divided up and finished this week so that we can roll on school next week.
1. Mow lawn
3. Unpack suitcases
4. Clean bathrooms
5. Clean fridge and grocery shop
6. Shop for daughter's birthday (it's today!! Ha Ha Ha!!)
7. Clean out car
8. Print out next week's lesson plan for kids
9. Tidy up around the house and vacuum so that we're organized enough to do school work
10. Do my exercising for today
You know, the part of exercising I'm having a difficult time incorporating into the schedule is the strength-building. I really don't see how to squeeze another thing into the day. I know it's important. But how?!?