New Year - I'm Still Here And So Is My Extra Weight
Friday, January 09, 2015
It always seems I do great in intervals of a few months, then slack off for a few months. A never ending routine with me and my habits. They say the average time it takes to form a habit is 21 days. 21 days?! So that means A) I exercise and eat right for 21 days and it becomes second nature or B) I sit on my butt and don't care about anything; continue to be lazy.
How hard can choosing be?! It seems so simple. Simple...until I look back and see how my weight loss journey has been inconsistent and a bit bumpy with twist and turns. Lose some, gain some. I've gained back all but 20 pounds.
I feel like a broken record. Repeating the same 'New Year New Me' every year. But, the difference I want to see this year?
I want to see in 2015:
1) Exercise daily
2) Track food
3) Eat more fruits & veggies
4) Be positive
5) Be consistent
6) Keep going even if I don't want to & never give up
7) Get rid of this weight & keep it off!
8) No slacking! So what, I lose some weight, keep at it! The weight can be gained back!
9) Focus on downtime - Rest & Sleep as needed/as much as needed - BUT don't sit on the couch so long!
10) Be a better me!
I'm still here for 2015 & so is my extra weight - BUT NOT FOR LONG!