Thursday, January 29, 2015
Yesterday I had my hernia surgery and I happy to say all went well for the most part.
1. Surgery was scheduled for 11:15 but did not happen until 1:15. I look at that as a good thing. Whether it's with me or with someone else. I'd rather they take their time than rush through and miss something. But I'm sure my hubby was not thinking the same thing out in that waiting room. He's was probably chomping at the bit. hehehe But that is ok... he got over it and had to laugh when they "finally" called him back to see me and brought him to a different lady. hehehe We all laughed over that one. Oops well maybe she didn't.
2. The surgery did go well. The Dr. said if it was small he'd just have to stitch it other wise he'd have to use the mesh. So glad it was small thank goodness... But from the size of the little alien that was pushing through my tummy (I almost named him) I thought for sure it'd be bigger. But I'm thankful that it wasn't. That will make the healing much easier... I'm hoping.
3. The Recovery was interesting. Seems my oxygen levels were dropping really low after they took off the oxygen mask off so they put it back on and kept waking me up telling me to take deep breaths. Finally they asked if I wanted something to drink so I said coffee??? So she said ok... and looked at me funny. I mean it was 3 pm. Who drinks coffee at that time a day? Well someone who hasn't had any yet??? hehehe ME? Well not long after that my oxygen levels went way up to almost normal. I told them that is all I needed the whole time. hehehe
4. So thankful for my hubby for taking me and staying with me at the hospital as long as he did. We were there all day long and he hates hospitals. And waiting at hospital even more. Poor guy is not feeling well himself. And then I really felt bad for him because he had to put on his landlord hat when we got home and travel to one of the rentals and fix the heat after dark. I'm so blessed to have a Handy Andy.
5. I'm also blessed that this surgery is not causing much pain at all. The only real pain I feel is when I go from sitting or laying down to getting up. So no dreaded narcotics that make me sick so far. Now to remember not to lift anything and bending doesn't feel good either.
Thank You Thank You Thank You