Friday, February 13, 2015
Well I'm not going to call this a bad luck day... In 2004 We had 3 Hurricanes within several months that all started on Friday the 13th... So this day was nothing like that. hehehe
Today was another dr appt... I saw my Pain dr for my last round of back injections for pain which went well. Well as well as they can go. It's not really a lot of fun and it is a little painful but as long as it helps the pain I am willing to take it.
After that we discussed the other pain up higher in my back from my fall in December where I fell off my little 2 step ladder and he reports that I have 2 small compression fractures. UGH... He then gives me two more injections to help with that pain and talks to me about how he can fix that pain permanently and scheduled that procedure for a couple of weeks away. I now will think and read up on this and decide if it is what I really want to do. It seems like a easy way to fix it and there is no other fix... Other than to lay around a few more months and hope it heals... I'm so confused and just need to take some time to think on it. My bones are so weak and are damaged so easily. But it really hurts for me to stand and do anything.
I just found out this past week that one of the medications I was taking was also causing them to become weaker. Why do these Dr's give you these med's when they know they will hurt you worse in other ways and not tell you? I have stopped taking the other medication now but if I had only known... Maybe I could have saved myself these compression fractures.
So I am a little frustrated today.
On the positive side...
1. I did get my low back injection finished up and they are helping my low back pain. So I am grateful for that.
2. I am thankful that I now know what is causing the pain in my middle back when I stand for very long. And I know that there is a possible fix for it.
3. I am thankful that my Pharmacy has put me on a list that sends me information on medications that I am taking that may be harmful to me. That is how I found out about the one medication I was taking could have been what caused my bone problem and another serious problem that I have been having. I am so grateful that I opened that up and read it right away.
4. I am grateful for my Hubby who drove me to my appointment today and got me home safely and was home in case I needed anything today.
5. I am thankful for my friends here that will support me as well.
Thank you all...
Have a great day everyone...