We are back from Alaska

Monday, June 15, 2015

Well we are finally home. It was a beautiful trip with a few problems but they all worked out..
Glacier Bay was beautiful with large glaciers and Juneau we saw 3 whales of which one was a baby play around with some sea lions. We went shopping in Sitka and Ketchikan and came home with some beautiful things. I will try to figure out how to put up some of the beautiful pictures we took. I just loved the little islands with these beautiful homes on them and you had to have a boat to get to town. The days were cloudy mostly, very little sunshine and the temps only in the mid 50's and we did get caught in a little sprinkle here and there but it was still fun. Oh the food and the best part of it all was NO was so nice to just go in and sit down and be served, now I don't want to cook.

We did get some scary news on Wed. from our dog boarding place. One of our girl's, Snowie, our little blind and diabetic schnauzer was having seizures and not doing well. We were unable to call back for an update until Thursday because we couldn't get any cell service.....that was a very bad night for sleep. The next day they told us she was back to her usual ways and we just prayed she would stay that way till we got home and she did. We got home early Sunday morning and called to see how things were and they were not good. Snowie started having seizures again and was very lethargic so we dropped everything and went to pick them up and take them home. Unfortunately our Vet, and the boarding Vet were gone on Wed. and Sunday. We knew it didn't look good and that it was just Snowie's time. It was very hard to watch our little girl go through these episodes but we hugged her and talked to her softly and comforted her the best we could. We had already decided that if she made it through the night that we would make the right decision to have put to sleep in the morning. She was unable to stand or walk and we thought she might have had a stroke also. She finally quieted down around 6 pm and slept and so I laid down next to her to watch a little TV but I fell asleep, being so tired from flying on the red eye. When I woke up close to 7 pm she was gone. I have never had an animal that I loved so much die in this manner, but yet I prayed and even was mad at GOD for not taking her sooner. I kept asking him to please take her home and get her out of her misery and he finally did. This morning after calling our Vet we took her in and will have her cremated and brought back home to go on the shelf next to her sister's. There was one sweet thing that Snow was doing that made me smile. She was making a little howling sound.....when she use to bark sometimes she would raise her head up and howl and that's what she was doing but in a lower sound. I told my husband she was calling the girl's (Samantha, Pepper, GeeGee, Annie and telling them she was coming to join them.

We are now worried about our Trixie who has seen all of the others leave and Snow was her running mate till she went blind so we have already started talking about getting her a new playmate.......when it will happen I don't know but, it's her decision of who she wants.

All in all it was a good vacation even though Rich fell off the ladder on Memorial Day and couldn't walk as far as he could before and some of the mishaps with the cruise scheduling... I would do it again and I only gained THREE pounds.

Any hints on how to post pictures.............


Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • PICKIE98
    I am so sorry to hear about Snowy.. how beautiful that she got to take her last nap here with mommy! You were wonderful to do that.

    2230 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by LADYJANE30