When the Scale is not my Friend!!
Thursday, January 14, 2016
So I have been very lucky on this journey to only have 3 weeks in a year when the scale went the wrong way and only 6 weeks of maintain the number. - I know that is hard to do, but it made this journey not so hard with that part of the journey.
Yesterday the scale was up 4.4 lbs and that hit me like a ton of bricks! My mind races to figure out EVERYTHING that went wrong to justify the numbers. So this is what I learned:
1. Sick since the first of the year and when you are sick - comfort food appears.
2. Running almost every week now - building muscle
3. MN jumped into a deep freeze - hard to motivate when your body is shaking from the cold in your home and office.
4. Year end work - my butt has been planted at my desk for 3 weeks straight when not at home coughing to death.
5. Every journey needs a bump in the road to reset, recharge, try new things to motivate and inspire.
6. Not getting enough sleep - between work and sick, hard to really rest.
When I started this journey I went into this time with the knowledge that this is a lifestyle change. It had no ending, but a part of my daily routine. That I needed to set small goals each day, each week, each year to train my body and my brain that this is the new me!
That nothing can hold me down, that I take full responsibility for my actions, my food intake, my heart, soul, mind and body! I am important! I am worth it!
I am in control of me and I am not giving up on this journey because of a little set back. Life has tons of little set backs. WE move forward and we grow and learn from them to make us stronger and equip us with new tools to push thru and be even better on the other side.
One week on the scale does not define me, BUT how I move past it DOES!