COUNTING MY BLESSINGS: Day 9
Monday, March 27, 2017
I've taken a bit of a break from blogging for the past week or so, not because I've not been feeling grateful, more because I've been trying to recover from a head injury back in early March. Back in the saddle today. Let's see what I can come up with.
1) Grateful for blue sky, even if it's only intermittent. Forecast for today was cloudy with rain turning to sleet and snow. I am so happy I didn't listen to the naysayers and got to experience not just blue sky but a few moments of sunshine.
2) Grateful for the beautiful sunny day yesterday. It really felt like spring and seemed to lift the spirits of many of us who are patiently awaiting the flowers and birds.
3) Grateful for the many signs of spring that fill us with hope for renewal of the earth and all the bounty that entails. I can't wait to start digging in the garden.
4) Yesterday I saw my first sparrow. Only one, but it's a start. Also saw/heard the first motorcycle of the season. Waiting patiently for the robins to return.
5) Grateful that the geese have a place to 'hunker down' (that's the term they used in the newspaper) until there is open water and food for them to eat. When I saw the first two returning Feb 28, I was worried because we were still in the dead of winter. Grateful for news that keeps us informed and grateful I have one fewer thing to worry about.
6) Grateful that I have the day off school and got some walking in. I have started a new streak
in reaching my shortened daily step goal.
7) Grateful that I have a job that I love. Many are unemployed with limited ways to make ends meet.
8) Grateful for the spontaneous group hug I received from one of my grade 3/4 classes on the last day of school prior to this holiday. Yes, I have a few regular huggers in that class and I appreciate every single one of them. But this was pretty awesome, as if they were gifting me with enough hugs to get me through the 9 days until we return to classes.
9) Grateful that I found the paycheque I had misplaced. My Supervisor gets extremely irritated when she has to cut me a replacement cheque. Grateful that the good parts of my job outweigh the negative.
10) Grateful for a small reduction in the amount of pain I have been experiencing lately. Chiropractic adjustments have given me more mobility in my neck and fewer intense headaches. Doubling the amount of Glucosamine and Condroitin has relieved some of the pain in my arthritic knees. These are just two of the many many things I am extremely grateful for. It has been debilitating living with constant pain.
I sincerely hope that you all experience many blessings in your life today and always. Just look around you. They are waiting to be discovered!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU