My Reasons for Losing Weight
Monday, June 12, 2017
Assignment: SparkTeam 2017 Summer 5% Challenge Community
Today's assignment is to list 10 reasons you want to lose weight.
Here are my reasons:
1. To get off as many medications as I can
2. To fit comfortably in airline seats
3. To not get diabetes
4. To get to a healthy weight
5. To ease my joint pain
6. To be able to enjoy outings without focusing on food.
7. To inspire my best friend that this journey, while hard, is so worth it
8. To live as a healthy old person, not just an old person
9. To be able to live alone AND be able to take care of myself
10. Feeling comfortable in, and out, of my clothes.
In reviewing this list it just reaffirms for me my reasons for beginning this journey. It wasn't about size. I had no problem with the way I looked. It's not about self-esteem. I like me now, and I won't feel any different about that at a smaller size. It's not about being able to do things. I can do them now. Although, to be fair, it is a lot easier to do some things now than it was 40 lbs ago.
No, my #1 reason for losing weight is health. If I were healthy, the number on the scale would not matter. However, I am not healthy and losing weight will help me get there. So, I'll lose the weight.
Being thinner will not add happiness. If I am not happy now, losing weight won't make me happy. What will make me happy is a clean bill of health.
That's my reason for losing weight