Wow time has flown!!
Eleven years ago I made the plunge to give up cigarettes! I have been smoke free since February 29th 2008! It's been one of the hardest things I have done in my life, but it's also one of the best things I have done in my life.
Eleven benefits these eleven years have brought me. These are in no particular order.
1. Better health: Asthma is under control, rarely get bronchitis or pneumonia. In fact I have not had pneumonia since I quit!
2. Quitting smoking brought me to Spark people!
3. I can exercise much better. Despite fibromyalgia, At least when I exercise I'm not gasping for air.
4. It started my journey to exercising more. I've fallen off the wagon lately, but before I quit I never exercised at all.
5. It's brought me closer to my friends. I no longer leave the scene to smoke alone. I have more you time to spend with them! Uninterrupted time!!
6. I'm not controlled by the cigarettes! They sure dictated my life! My cravings and addiction to them made me a slave!
7. I have money for much more enjoyable things...going out to j lunch or coffee with friends, self care items: fun journals, essential oils.
8. Higher self esteem! No longer feel embarrassed by the way I smell I feel with God's help I've felt more accomplished.
9. My clothes, hair and far smell fresh...not yucky
10. I've made friends on this wonderful site!
11. I feel better overall. Even though I still have issues with depression and anxiety, and binge eating, I still feel better. I can breath better. I don't have to worry about how and when I can get my next fix!.what a relief!
March 30th will be my 11 year Spark Anniversary! I'm grateful for the wonderful friendships I've made, the support here and that I have the chance to give support to others.
Thanks to everyone for helping me along through this journey!