Where does the time go??
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Wow Sparkers, the last few weeks of my life have flown by in a whirlwind of activity! I have kept myself so stinking busy I am practically asleep before my head hits the pillow!! Between parades (my baby girl and I walked in it to represent the non-profit I work for), carnivals, basketball (bonding time with my middle boy), lunch dates (which turned into garage sale-ing), and work, it is a wonder when I do have time to sleep.
I still have been practicing my positive outlook on life every single day. This is a commitment I promised myself and I am determined to stick with it, even when I don't have the time to blog about it. It really makes a difference when I face things that are not so pleasant. My particular thing to overcome the last week, is my dang plateau. I have hit yet another one..... yuck.
In an attempt to conquer the plateau, I have really been trying to mix up my exercise routine. I have added swimming to Sundays now and I am just ASTOUNDED at how much swimming makes my muscles ache. In a good way at that! I have also amped up the intensity of my aerobics. I have successfully kept my heart rate in peak cardio zone for 20 minutes. I have also been playing with my calorie intake. I read that when you ramp up your exercise but don't ramp your calories your body will go into "starvation mode" and holds onto the weight. I am putting that theory to the test to see if works. WISH ME LUCK. Any and all advice is very very welcomed!
My favorite things of the last weeks:
1. My darling husband came home for 18 wonderful hours before he had to go back up for another 3 week hitch.
2. When playing basketball with Vinny (my middle boy) I impressed him with being able to keep up and score shots on him.
3. I took a nice long bike ride with Tristan (my oldest). It was a big deal because I conquered a hill that I always used to have to get off my bike and walk it. Not this time. Stayed on my bike the WHOLE TIME!
4. I have been participating in 3 spark people group challenges and am learning all sorts of new ways to keep my body moving.
5. During the parade, we hand out candy to kiddos. In order to do that you have to jog to keep up with your group. I jogged a bunch and it did not kill me! I think I may be ready for the couch to 5k app now. Running is something that has always interested me but was always fearful because of my size.
6. I advocated for myself and scheduled a meeting with boss from job #2 about a pay rate increase. I am kinda shy and don't like asking for things.
There was so much more that made the last 2 weeks very full, but I won't bore you with ALL of the details.