300,000-349,999 SparkPoints 327,395

Crazy Times

Saturday, March 07, 2020

I'm finally posting that blog I promised a couple of weeks ago. It's been one heck of a month and a half.

First, I went to Disney World for my nephew's 4th birthday with my family at the end of January. On February 1, we drove back to my parents' house in Alabama. I started experiencing severe abdominal pain during that drive. It would last for 20-30 seconds at a time, then I'd get 2-3 minutes where it would subside before coming back. Once we were back at my parents' house, I decided that it might be a good idea to see a doctor. The only problem was it was about 10PM on a Saturday. So my parents took me to the emergency room. I was there all night while I waited to be seen and then had x-rays, a blood test, and an ultrasound. Nothing was found, but the doctor decided there was a really good chance that I was having gall bladder problems, so he referred me to a gastroenterologist. So, I decided to stay with my parents until I could get everything straightened out, since I didn't have any doctors yet at our new place in South Carolina. (My husband and I just moved last fall.)

So I went to see the gastroenterologist the following week. He sent me for a HIDA Scan to test the function of my gall bladder. He said if it came back with a gall bladder ejection fraction less than 35, I would need to have my gall bladder removed. It came back at 21. So I was referred to a surgeon to have my gall bladder removed.

So I had my gall bladder removed on February 17. I spent two more weeks with my parents while I recovered. I came home immediately after my follow up appointment on March 3.

On March 1, my husband was involved in a car wreck. He works in college athletics and was on the way home from a conference wrestling championship with a coworker. The championship ran later than expected and they were driving home in the middle of the night. Around 2:30AM, my husband's coworker was driving and crested a hill. He saw an SUV towing a trailer with a shed on it going below the minimum speed limit. There were cars passing them in the left lane and he didn't have time to slow down enough to not hit the trailer. So he hit the trailer. Fortunately, he and my husband only have a few bumps and bruises. The couple in the other car were standing on the highway trying to do something with the trailer and the shed when a drunk driver hit them head on. They were airlifted to the hospital, where the man died a couple days ago.

Since I've been home, I've discovered what I believe is toxic mold in the master bathroom shower. I've experienced some symptoms associated with toxic mold exposure. We're working to have the mold removed and the shower redone.

So, it's been a crazy few weeks here. Here's hoping life calms down a bit very soon.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post