My Ideas For Soothing Myself
Monday, March 09, 2020
As a good start to the day I made a little list of things I can do to sooth myself when emotions strike instead of grabbing some food when I am not hungry.
2. Do a cleaning project
3. Brush my hair 100 strokes
4. Make a low fat sugar free latte and slowly sip
Doing things from the list will also help with keeping my BP down. Lol
I find that my days are pretty busy but my evenings are boring. So I have a few things I plan to do to fill the time in the evening.
1. Painting from earlier should be dry so you can work on it again, or just start a new one
2. Read two chapters in a novel, I just picked up some new ones
3. Journal and food diary
4. Try on clothes that were too big and see if they fit. I have not done that in a year and I have lost 20 more pounds
I think this list of things to do instead of eating when not hungry will help me. I needed a list of things that really would be done not just a wish list of things I dream of doing. These lists of things should help me to stop the snacking when emotions strike and I know they will. I will use the lists instead of food to sooth myself.